Sunday, November 8, 2009

How Sevill-ized!


Posting twice in one week is a rarity indeed. But I had THE MOST AMAZING night last night, and therefore had to write about it.

So my friend in the program got invited out to a dinner party by a Spanish girl in his class, and he then asked me to come along too. So we got picked up by this girl Belen and her boyfriend Jose, and we all drove to a little town on the outskirts of Sevilla to meet up with some of their friends for dinner. We chilled at their house for a bit, and went to a restaurant and had peppers and tuna and shrimp with garlic, and cheesecake for dessert. So essentially there's nothing terribly exciting about this story, but it marked my first intimate social event with Spanish people my age! They were astounded that I was only wearing a tanktop and jeans in 70 degree weather - Belen was wearing a turtleneck and a coat, and as soon as we got back to the car, she yelled, "shut the door, i'm FREEZING!!!" Oh Sevillians. I told them that Coloradans wear flip flops when it's 32, and they now think we're crazy. :0) However, the best part is that we have another dinner date in a couple weeks when we'll be back in Sevilla - Mirella, Belen's friend, is going to make us homemade paella! Apparently she's an amazing cook.

So, in summary, it was pretty much one of the best nights I've had since coming here. I basically want to be best friends with Belen. I'm sad that we can't see them sooner, what with travels and MIDTERMS this week - yuckkkkkkkkkk. So I'm off to the art market in downtown Sevilla right now, and then I'm going to come home and study. But overall - que noche!

besitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment